~ Enjoying fresh fruit, and veggies. Drinking green smoothies and pretty flowers. Our farmer’s market just keeps getting better and better! I am so thankful for all the farmer’s that provide me with wonderful goodies that I am unable to grow myself.
~Emma Rose Stark~
How in the world can you be 7? I remember as if it was just yesterday. I let your dad take me to the hospital late one Friday night, very begrudgingly. I did not think I was in labor until I was standing at the counter checking in. The lady just kind of smirked saying we’ll see if your really in labor, your too calm for that. I just laughed to myself.
Yes, you were born just about and hour and a half later, by caesarean section. You were breach and just determined to come out your own way. You do things your own way even to this day.
What a pleasure it was to meet you and hold you and call you our own. We waited so long and you filled our lives with such joy in these past seven years.
You are our littlest angel. You are the little sister that Sara prayed many years for.
You are joyous and full of imagination. You play and play for hours with games you make up yourself. You are never bored.
You are a driving force in our family. You have expectations that must be filled. You insist we have tea parties and celebrations. You insist on beach parties in the back yard.
You love all animals, especially our doggies. You grew up right in the middle of them and they are your constant companions.
You are always ready for an adventure.
You love to be playing outside.
You have spent endless hours creating fairy houses. Decorating them and watching and waiting to spy a fairy. Even at seven you like to create little special places and your own little games.
You are such a special person and you have such a special place in our little family. You are a gift that we treasure. We are richer for having you in our lives.
~our littlest angel, your growing up so fast.
Never lose your wonder little girl.
Or your joy~
We love you!
Dear God, I am 40.
I am not really believing it. I am OK with being 40, the alternative is well, you know..
~40 Things about me you might not know~
1. I believe in God.
2. I am a true Pisces, I am a dreamer.
3. I love the water, I want to move to the beach, and soon!
4. I am a Registered Nurse.
5. I work at the jail.. (I know).
6. I am not scared to work at the jail. It is often sad, but also humorous.
7. I love to see people’s faces when I say I work at the jail.
8. I wanted 3 children, but I only have 2.
9. I am really short, 5’0 on a good day.
10. In my heart I am a hippie.
11. I am conservative when it comes to my family..
12. I used to be wild when I was younger.
13. I taught myself to quilt, crochet and knit (my grandma tried to teach me, but I didn’t really get it at first.)
14. I love to read.
15. I wish I had more time to read.
16. I love Spring.
17. I love Fall more.
18. I can’t stand Winter.
19. I like hate to be cold.
20. I don’t like to excercise, but I feel really good afterwards. (don’t we all?)
21. I love being a wife.
22. I love being a Mom.
23. I wish I could have one more baby, but I know I am too old. Darn it.
24. I love old houses, LOVE!
25. I want to move to Fiji.
26. I want to go to France where my grandmother grew up.
27. I want my house to be picture perfect, but it is not. I am not the best housekeeper.
28. I worked in ICU for 14 years and by the time I left, I was having panic attacks.
29. My brother died from sudden cardiac death, he was 29. I still miss him like crazy.
30. My dad was recently killed by a drunk driver and I am still really mad and sad. I miss him like crazy also.
31. I miss my dad today. He always emailed me on my birthday. I always emailed him back the same thing each year. Hi Dad, thank you for the Birthday wishes. I am sad today…
32. I love red wine and my favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip (the green one.)
33. I get bored really easily, I always need to have something going on.. I blame it on the adrenaline rush from being a nurse– I guess..?
34. Sleeping is one of my favorite activities, cooking is another.
35. I love to garden, but not in the middle of summer.
36. I buy most all of my clothes from the thrift store. If you need it, you will find it if you look hard enough.. I used to be embarrassed to shop at them. That is funny to me now.
37. I used to spend money like there was no tomorrow. Now I am super frugal and proud of it.
38. I love animals. 3 dogs, 2 cats. These animals are so spoiled. They are all rescue, except for one dog that showed up on our porch, half dead. We were going to find her a home, but then I buckled. She is the most spoiled. She is a pit bull named Olivia.
39. My husband wants to come back in the next life as my dog. Weirdo!
40. My favorite place to be is home.
If you made it to the bottom of this list you will see I am super boring! I have no idea why I always felt sad on my Birthday, but I can say this year is different. It really is. I am not sad, not today. I am truly grateful for all the love I have in my life. It has just filled me up, more than I could have ever expected. I am truly thankful.
So, last night I had a little girl sleep in her pj’s inside out and she slipped a spoon under her pillow last night in hopes to make it snow. She got this sage piece of advice from her teacher. Another little friend told everyone to flush ice down the toilet, so she did that twice.
She believed. Low and behold this morning we had just a little bit of the white stuff! Success!!
Too bad our city schools stayed open while all the surrounding area schools closed today. Somehow that just feels mean to me. So, I made an executive mommy decision, we’re staying home today. Take that you mean school people!!
It is still in the early morning hours here, but someone has played outside for about 2 hours now. When you see the wonder and fun shining in your little girl’s eyes, from such a simple thing, it makes it all feel right! You just can’t put a price on joy~
She’s had her hot chocolate, she has created a little spot in front of the fire, for warming, sitting and drying her knits.
~Should be a fun day!!
The word on the street is that you must eat this to have a good year. Not sure I believe that, but I will say it is not New Year’s day at our home without this meal. We make this traditional meal every year because that is just what we do to honor our traditions. It is a good thing WE LOVE IT!! (Most of us anyway!)
Because we indulged just a little too much this Christmas season, oh yes, I am really feeling it~ We will be eating a lot more of this in the upcoming weeks! Good thing WE LOVE IT!! just as much..(Most of us anyway!)
What is your New Year’s day tradition?
If your days are dark, may your path lead to light.
If your days are cold, may your path find warmth.
If illness is upon you, may your path lead to wellness.
If you have lost your way, may your path lead you home.
May you always see the beauty, remember the wonder and always have a friend.
At the end of each day I wish for you peace and love.
I hope this new year is for you all that you need it to be.
This holiday season is going so fast. I have so much I want to do, but sadly I am not able to do it all. I feel fine with this. Tis true.
I am going to slow down and enjoy each moment that comes my way.
This has been a hard year for my family, but one thing I know for sure is that it is the little moments of complete joy and happiness that sustain me.
How is it possible for one little girl to have so much excitement??
Her joy reminds me to be present, right here, right now.
~ I hope you enjoy these holidays with the ones you love~
~I am so thankful my workday went by quickly and smoothly! One more day and then I will be off for a while!
and I will be so grateful for the quiet time to finish so many project’s I have hanging over my head!
~this is the beginnings of quilt I am making for my cousin’s best friend’s baby! ~or something like that! I struggled for a moment to get my mojo going but finally thank the Lord, it hit me and I’ve been working feverishly to get it done. Should not be too much longer.. and then there is this…
~it partly involves this cat cuddling up on it, then being ambushed by his brother, and then a whole big rigmarole ensues.. goodness!
All in all I am so thankful I have a mind that won’t rest and hands that must be kept busy. It just makes me feel more complete..
No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope or fear;
But, grateful, take the good I find,
The best of now and here. ~John Greenleaf Whittier
Today I am thankful for my hands and for my feet. They allow me to be who I need to be~
My hands that prepare the food for our meals.. my hands that do my nurse work.. my hands that touch my children, my husband, my little animals, and my hands I use to create…
My feet that carry me where I need to go~ to school, to work, to my family and friend’s home. They carry me on long walks with my dogs..
This year I’ve learned I must focus on what is here, what is mine today. I can not spend my time always looking back. If I do then I will not be present for my today, and I can not always spend my time looking ahead because tomorrow I may not be here..
To find your happiness and your peace you must be in the moment of right now. To remember to be thankful for all that you have today, and all that you have had before today, and all that you will have tomorrow.