Dear God, I am 40.
I am not really believing it. I am OK with being 40, the alternative is well, you know..
~40 Things about me you might not know~
1. I believe in God.
2. I am a true Pisces, I am a dreamer.
3. I love the water, I want to move to the beach, and soon!
4. I am a Registered Nurse.
5. I work at the jail.. (I know).
6. I am not scared to work at the jail. It is often sad, but also humorous.
7. I love to see people’s faces when I say I work at the jail.
8. I wanted 3 children, but I only have 2.
9. I am really short, 5’0 on a good day.
10. In my heart I am a hippie.
11. I am conservative when it comes to my family..
12. I used to be wild when I was younger.
13. I taught myself to quilt, crochet and knit (my grandma tried to teach me, but I didn’t really get it at first.)
14. I love to read.
15. I wish I had more time to read.
16. I love Spring.
17. I love Fall more.
18. I can’t stand Winter.
19. I like hate to be cold.
20. I don’t like to excercise, but I feel really good afterwards. (don’t we all?)
21. I love being a wife.
22. I love being a Mom.
23. I wish I could have one more baby, but I know I am too old. Darn it.
24. I love old houses, LOVE!
25. I want to move to Fiji.
26. I want to go to France where my grandmother grew up.
27. I want my house to be picture perfect, but it is not. I am not the best housekeeper.
28. I worked in ICU for 14 years and by the time I left, I was having panic attacks.
29. My brother died from sudden cardiac death, he was 29. I still miss him like crazy.
30. My dad was recently killed by a drunk driver and I am still really mad and sad. I miss him like crazy also.
31. I miss my dad today. He always emailed me on my birthday. I always emailed him back the same thing each year. Hi Dad, thank you for the Birthday wishes. I am sad today…
32. I love red wine and my favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip (the green one.)
33. I get bored really easily, I always need to have something going on.. I blame it on the adrenaline rush from being a nurse– I guess..?
34. Sleeping is one of my favorite activities, cooking is another.
35. I love to garden, but not in the middle of summer.
36. I buy most all of my clothes from the thrift store. If you need it, you will find it if you look hard enough.. I used to be embarrassed to shop at them. That is funny to me now.
37. I used to spend money like there was no tomorrow. Now I am super frugal and proud of it.
38. I love animals. 3 dogs, 2 cats. These animals are so spoiled. They are all rescue, except for one dog that showed up on our porch, half dead. We were going to find her a home, but then I buckled. She is the most spoiled. She is a pit bull named Olivia.
39. My husband wants to come back in the next life as my dog. Weirdo!
40. My favorite place to be is home.
If you made it to the bottom of this list you will see I am super boring! I have no idea why I always felt sad on my Birthday, but I can say this year is different. It really is. I am not sad, not today. I am truly grateful for all the love I have in my life. It has just filled me up, more than I could have ever expected. I am truly thankful.